NCISM, the apex body that controls the level of AYUSH colleges in India, has set strict norms to ensure the attendance of faculty in AYUSH colleges throughout the session : there is a provision of heavy fines. Let us know what are these criteria. The NCISM president Dr Raghuram Bhatt clearly mentioned in the new order that on paper faculty is unethical act is hampering not only the quality of education of ASUS (Ayurveda/ Siddha/Unani) students but also public health at large and it is a major concern for the Commission to ensure the actual presence of teachers in colleges and to enhance the quality of education standard in ASU (Ayurveda/ Siddha/Unani) courses. Therefore, the matter was placed before 1st Board Meeting of MARB held on 30.06.2022 “Board discussed the same and decided that SOP needs to be made for verification of these complaints and substantiate the action as per the concerned act & regulation.”
Further, SOP for verifying the faculty who are physically absent but present only on paper in certain ASUS colleges and substantiate the action as per the concerned act & regulation is as under as approved in the 4th meeting of Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Indian System of Medicine: 1) Verification of the faculty who are physically absent but present only on paper will be considered suo-moto either by Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Indian System medicine randomly or on receiving any complaints against any particular faculty or college by Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Indian System of Medicine/National Commission for Indian System of Medicine.
2) Verification of faculty will be done by the visitors during the visitation as directed by the
Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Indian System of Medic
3) If the visitation in that academic year is already carried out, the verification will be done by other measures as decided by the President, Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Indian System of Medicine or during re-visitation. 4) Further verification will be done based on visitors report by taking into the consideration of the following
1. Absence of faculty on the day of inspection for any reason.
i. Not having the Registration at the State Board where the faculty is working. By generating direct or indirect evidence of practicing e. other than the working place of the teacher.
5) Based upon the above findings further verification will be carried out by giving an opportunity of hearing to the faculty.
6) A similar opportunity of hearing will be given to the college to prove the regularity of the faculty at college.
7) The faculty/college may submit the following documents during or after hearing to prove his/her regularity in the college. 1. Documents to prove address at the locality of institution
a. Aadhaar Card with local address passport with local address
c. Voter ID with local address, driving License with local address e.g. School/College admission proofs of the children at the locality of institution
ii. Documents for substantiating regular attendance
a.CCTV Camera Footage of regular attendance of the faculty for last 6 months.
b.Google Timeline for regular travel from residence to college for last 6 months.
8) The documents will be verified by the hearing committee and the recommendations will be placed before the Board Meeting for discussion and decision.
9) The decision of the Medical Assessment and Rating Board will be intimated to the college and the faculty.
10) Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Indian System of Medicine will initiate action against the faculty if it is proved that he/she is physically absent but present only on paper.
11) Teacher code of the concerned faculty will be withheld for one year and an amount equal to six months’ salary of the faculty as prescribed by NCISM will be imposed as penalty and the withheld teacher code will be restored only after paying the said penalty.
12) As per vide reference letter no. 26-75/2021 Visitation dated 31.08.2021, penalty will be imposed on the institution in which physically absent but present only on paper teachers will be found. 1. Penalty of Rs. 25 Lakh per teacher shall be imposed on Institute if any, Ayurveda/Unani & Siddha teaching Faculty found to be physically absent but present only on paper. If institute does not pay the penalty amount the permission for that particular session and subsequent session shall be withheld till remittance of the penalty amount. If any physically absent but present only on paper teacher found, he/she shall not be considered for that particular session iv. If any physically absent but present only on paper teacher found in middle of the session and if the institute doesn’t pay the penalty amount as mentioned above, permission process for the next academic session shall be withheld till remittance of penalty fee.